The earliest manuscript dates Christchurch Cathedral to its present location around 1030. In 1742 the cathedral choir together with the choir of St Patrick’s cathedral sang at the world premiere of Handel’s Messiah in nearby Fishamble Street. The cathedral as it exists today is heavily Victorianised due to the extensive restorations and renovations carried out by the architect George Edmund Street (between 1871 and 1878). Enjoy singing along to this foot tapping tune ‘Mary Mac’. With its catchy chorus.